Sharing a workspace
DataCamp Workspace supports real-time collaboration in notebooks (think Google Docs but for data science) and sharing your workspaces with different access rights.
To share a workspace, click the 'Share' button in the nav bar when you're in a workspace.
Workspace sharing modal
In this modal, you can:
- Invite specific people to your workspace by using their email
- The collaborators you add will receive an email with the link to the workspace.
- Today, you can only invite users that already have a DataCamp account.
- Your workspace will show up on the dashboard of collaborators you add.
- Change the workspace visibility
- Public: the workspace is open to the community. Others can find, view and comment on your workspace.
- Private: only you and the people you invite have access to the workspace.
- Group workspaces are private by definition, but you can give access to all members in the group that this workspace is part of (seePersonal and group workspaces for more info on group workspaces)
You can give different people (or groups of people) different roles:
- Viewer - Can read the workspace contents, but cannot make edits, leave comments, execute code or manage sharing settings.
- Commenter - Can read workspace contents and comment on notebook cells, but cannot make edits, execute code or manage sharing settings.
- Editor - Can read, edit, and execute workspace contents. Can rename, share and publish the workspace.
- Owner (only the project creator) - Can do everything the editor can do, but can also delete the workspace.