Sharing a workspace
DataCamp Workspace supports real-time collaboration in notebooks (think Google Docs but for data science) and sharing your workspaces with different access rights.
To share a workspace, click the 'Share' button in the nav bar when you're in a workspace.
Workspace sharing modal
In this modal, you can:
- Invite specific people to your workspace by using their email
- The collaborators you add will receive an email with the link to the workspace.
- Today, you can only invite users that already have a DataCamp account.
- Your workspace will show up on the dashboard of collaborators you add.
- Change the workspace visibility
- Public: the workspace is open to the community. Others can find, view and comment on your workspace.
- Private: only you and the people you invite have access to the workspace.
You can give different people (or groups of people) different roles:
- Viewer - Can read the workspace contents, but cannot make edits, leave comments, execute code or manage sharing settings.
- Commenter - Can read workspace contents and comment on notebook cells, but cannot make edits, execute code or manage sharing settings.
- Editor - Can read, edit, and execute workspace contents. Can rename, share and publish the workspace.
- Owner (only the project creator) - Can do everything the editor can do, but can also delete the workspace.