- Analyze the data in the Supabase database, like user growth or daily number of sessions. Which data or processes you want to analyze will depend on the application that Supabase is powering.
- Automate reporting: you can use the "Schedule run" functionality to rerun your analysis on a schedule so that your report always takes in the latest available data as your app is being used.
If you don't have a Supabase project yet, go to [supabase.com](https://supabase.com, create a free account, start a new project, and follow all the instructions. When setting a database password, make sure to store it somewhere, as you'll need to use this in the next step.
Every Supabase project is powered by a Postgres database. To find the credentails of this database, from the Supabase dashboard, click the cog icon ("Settings") and select "Database". You'll see all the credentials you need:
Locate your Supabase Postgres database credentails
Configure the connection:
- Database connection name can be anything; give it a meaningful name.
- Hostname, port, database and username: copy these over from the credentials you found in Supabase in the previous step.
- Password: Set this to the password that you provided when setting up the Supabase project in the first step.
- Make sure to check "Encrypt connection".
Set up Supabase postgres database connection credentials in Workspace
You're all set now!!
Write and execute a query through a SQL cell