Workspace for Education
In this article, we describe how Workspace can support some typical education scenarios:
- Work on data science projects, individually or collaboratively with peers.
- Create and hand out assignments, the submissions of which can be shared with you againi
For students that want to work on data science task or projects as part of their course work.
- It's free.
- Zero setup required: all software and commonly used packages are available for you.
- Easy to create beautiful publications that you can share with your teacher.
- Once you've familiarized yourself with the interface, you can head over to the Workspace dashboard to create a new workspace for your task.
For teachers that want their students to complete a Jupyter Notebook as part of an assignment.
- It's completely free!
- Easy to author assignments and share the assignment link with your student.
- When reviewing assignments, the work of your students is fully reproducible, as they have all been created in Workspace which already has all required software and packages installed.
First, configure and share the assignment:
- Click on the downwards pointing arrow next to the workspace title and select Duplicate Workspace.
- Click on Copy Duplication Link. This will construct a link and copy it to your clipboard.
- Share the link with your students (through email, your institution's LMS...).
- If they don't have a DataCamp account, they will be prompted to create one (it's free).
- They will land into a new workspace, that contains all of the files of your 'source workspace', effectively cloning your workspace in its entirety.
- They can complete the assignment, as described in the previous section of this article.
- You can review their work if they share their workspace (or its publication) with you.